What are cookies and why do we use them on the web?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user's device when accessing certain web pages to store and retrieve information about the navigation that is carried out from said computer.
The cookies allow DIGICOMFORT, SL, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the user's decisions and habits. On the website of DIGICOMFORT, SL the cookies that exist are necessary for the operation of the same and our main objective is to improve your browsing experience.
The information collected in the cookies also allows us to improve the website, through estimates of the quantities and patterns of use, the adaptation of the website to the individual interests of users, the improved speed of searches, etc.
What type of cookies does the DIGICOMFORT, SL website use?
Cookies, depending on the time they remain activated, can be divided into session or permanent cookies:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that only interests to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user in a single occasion.
- Persistent cookies: the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Additionally, depending on the entity that manages them, the cookies can be classified as own or third party. DIGICOMFORT, SL uses so much own cookies which are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided; as third-party cookies which are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
Regarding the purpose, the types of cookies used by DIGICOMFORT, SL are:
- Cookies techniques: allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access parts of Restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, perform the purchase process of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store contents for the dissemination of videos or sound or share Content through social networks.
- Analysis cookies: allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Personalization cookies: they allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which he accesses the service, the regional configuration from which he accesses to service, etc.
How to disable cookies in the browser?
Most browsers currently allow the user to configure if they wish to accept cookies and which ones. These settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'Preferences' menu of your browser.
These are the instructions to configure cookies in the main browsers:
Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content settings.
For more information, you can check Google support or browser Help.
Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings.
For more information, you can check Mozilla support or browser Help.
Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
For more information, you can consult Microsoft support or browser Help.
Safari: Preferences -> Security.
For more information, you can check Apple support or browser Help.